Thursday, March 29, 2012


These two just constantly make me smile.  Yes, there are moments of frustration, but then there are those moments that I just relish in the joy of being their Mom.

Liam has a mind of his own.  Lately it is his way or the highway (a trait I am not happy to pass down).  I love the couple of hours I get to spend with him two days a week while Isaac is at school.  He is all boy, picking up toy guns and going around making shooting noises.  Yesterday he had a toy sword and as he swung at things he would say "Hi-Ya!" He finds these tiny little balls in the backyard (I think they go to some toy gun) and holds on to them for days.  He wakes up with them still in his palm.  I don't know how he doesn't lose them.  I don't see a baby in him much anymore, except he still has the baby fat that I just love.  I will be sad when that goes away and he turns in to a scrawny little boy.

Isaac is such a sweetheart.  Yes, he still sneaks into my bed EVERY night and sleeps with us.  He has to make sure Daddy is asleep though and I am usually passed out too.  I will ask him why he keeps coming in to my bed and he replies with "Because I just love you so much".  Hopefully this changes when the boys share a room.  Which they are beyond excited for.

I am quite the grumpy pregnant woman right now.  Proud to say that I am FINALLY feeling better though and have been for about a month.  Hallelujah!  I thought the day would never come.  When other ladies announce they are pregnant I sympathize and ask how they are feeling. Most have said it hasn't been to bad.  Then I think I was a weakling, but when I was asked that, there was no denying I was practically dying.  I couldn't even fake that I was fine.  It was just brutal.  My dentist would have been proud.  I would floss until my gums bled an a daily basis and brush like 5 times a day to try and rid that nasty taste in my mouth.  Colgate whitening really does work!  I saw a brighter smile in just a week ;).  Even when I was sick, it still didn't stop me from eating and gaining the necessary weight.  I think at my 8 week appt I put on 10 lbs!  Ha ha, off to a great start.  No complaints here, when else can you have an excuse to eat crappy and be lazy.  I will take full advantage of that.  I have got the eating down, but I have been keeping up on running.  Call me crazy, but I signed up for the Salt Lake half.  I actually feel great while I run surprisingly, and this big belly doesn't get in the way.  Although lately, my legs feel like they are getting the workout of a lifetime because of this extra weight.  It is so fun feeling this little squirt move all the time.  Love the second trimester.  Not too big and still pretty comfortable.  We had the ultrasound a few weeks ago and brought the boys.  They eventually enjoyed it especially when the baby waved at them.  We walked out of there still not knowing the gender.  Although I do have the ultrasound video and it can be quite tempting some days.  I will stay strong though.  I am sure it is a boy, but this pregnancy is so very different than the other two.  That isn't saying much though.

Ryan is doing well.  He is getting anxious to get out and fish which he hasn't done in a while.  Been very busy with work and then I put him to work as soon as he gets home.  His birthday is next week so I am sure he will fit in a fishing day soon.  He recently went to Mexico with his Dad to fly hot air balloons.  The day he was headed home my Mom called to ask me what part of Mexico he was in and not to be alarmed but there was an earthquake.  Of course I was alarmed and of course I couldn't get a hold of him.  He got home later than expected because he WAS caught in some of the aftershock of the quake and his flight was delayed. All is well though and he had a great time.

Anxiously looking forward to warmer weather as all of us are.  This time of year just makes me happy!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved the this update and so glad you are feeling better!! I was beginning to think you were stuck up at the cabin and never coming back ;) I would love to have you up here any time, for real. My schedule is really flexible and I will be in touch.