Monday, February 21, 2011

Burn

Here is my conversation with the checker at the grocery store today...


Girl: "Those your boys?"
Me: "Yes."
Girl: "How old are they?"
Me: "3 and 1."
Girl: "Sounds like me, I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old. We are probably the same age too."
Me: "28?" (after I did some math)
Girl: "Oh no, you are way older than me!"
OUCH!!!
Me: "How much older?"
Girl: " 7 years."
Me: "Oh" Well she knows her math well. Now check my groceries!

Now I know why the older you get, the more timid women are to tell their age. Looks like I will begin lying about my age now.

3 comments:

Humanist mom said...

I've never felt old until this year. All of my friends are 5-12 years older than me. I've always been the youngest, even in high school because my birthday is in August. But this past year I've started feeling old. I went to Urban Lounge the other night, I had never been there before, and some guy started talking to me and he looked familiar. Oh, he was a sophomore when my baby sister was a senior. He said he likes to hit on older married women. :(

I need a botox fix.

Julie Knowlton said...

BURN!!

Listen, old man, you are 5 months YOUNGER than me. How do you think I feel?

Liz B said...

You're not old. That checker was just SUPER young...