Saturday, October 23, 2010

12 in 12

wg9OG.jpg


Running is quite the fad these days and I will be the first to admit I am a follower. Not that it is a bad thing, it is good to see so many people taking care of themselves. Running a half marathon is nothing because so many of us do it these days. I personally have achieved some of my goals that I never expected to do through running and I plan to stick to it. So far this year I have run 7 half marathons and a couple 10K/5K's and have set my personal best and continue to do better each time! For those of you that know me well know that I am not an athlete nor do I like sports. I only went to my sisters college soccer games if there was food involved :). My sister is actually the one that inspired me to do this when we ran our first full marathon over 4 years ago. Never again will I do that, but have stuck to halfs ever since. I can find the time to train for them and not feel too guilty if I miss 2, 3, sometimes 4 days of training. Plus it is something I can do with my kids if I feel like a really good workout. I love when someone gets involved in running, I could talk their ear off. I don't think of myself as a competitive person and I bask in someone else's glory if they exceeded their goal even if it is better than mine :). With all this said, I have a plan for 2011. I am going to try and run one half marathon a month or more. By voicing it, it will force me to achieve this goal. They will be mostly local races since there are still so many I haven't run around town and some repeats that I have enjoyed so much. Man, I should write a book about this, ha ha.


P.S. I am taking sponsors :)

1 comments:

jaclynn and michael said...

Sign me up! how much ya need? I love that you went to games for for food. any food or mexi only? You are a rockstar and I owe running for our friendship.